Aurora Safety was founded by Michael J. Fagel, PhD.,CEM who has over 30 years of broad-based experience in a variety of fields relating to emergency management and business continuity and has allied staff to assist in a variety of projects. Safety, Risk, Fire, EMS are all represented disciplines.
Michael Fagel has spent nearly four decades in emergency response. He has been in all phases of public safety, law enforcement, emergency management, fire rescue, and emergency medical services. He has served the US Government at FEMA, the Department of Justice, Defense Department, Department of Energy and Department of Homeland Security. Also, he has been working worldwide on Emergency Management and safety missions.
He has served as President of Region V, IAEM, as well as Vice-Chair of the Certified Emergency Managers Commission of IAEM. He has been a course developer for DHS as well as an instructor at several universities in their master’s programs. He also was EMS coordinator for the Fire rescue division in North Aurora, as well as serving as an officer in the local fire service. Michael Fagel currently teaches industrial safety and emergency medical services at several college locations, as well as being a guest lecturer at various professional trade conferences throughout the country.
He was instrumental in helping the first red meat companies in the US earn the OSHA VPP (Voluntary Protection Program) recognition in 1992.
- MICHAEL J FAGEL, PhD.,CEM, PhD., CEM is listed with Dunn and Bradstreet DUNS # 129860214
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
- 541618- Management Consulting Services
- 541690- Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
- 921190- General Government Support
- 928110- National Security
- CCR CAGE/NCAGE Code 3MSSO
The Aurora Safety team has taught for organizations that include:
- The National Domestic Preparedness Consortium
- Louisiana State University
- Johns Hopkins
- University of Chicago